There has been a change to the schedule for Friday's game. The game will now begin at 7pm. Students are to report at 4pm. The band will leave at 4:15pm. We will be performing post game due to it being Model's Homecoming.
There have been some updates to the website over the last couple of weeks.
Marching Band Announcements
October 10th - Stone Memorial High School, Crossville, TN.
Below are order forms for Lippo's Music Mart. If you still need to order any items for marching band, you may print the appropriate order form, fill it out, and mail or fax it in.
On Tuesday, June 9th, Mrs. Danette Dawson will be in the DCHS bandroom from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. to fit students for shoes and help with filling out order forms. If you come in at this time and drop off your order form with payment, we can get items bulked shipped and save you almost $10.00 on your order.
The 2015 Band Camp dates are as follows:
July 27 - 31: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
August 3 - 4: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
August 6: 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
School starts for students on August 11th. After-school rehearsals will start that day. We do not know yet what the times for after-school rehearsals will be. We are waiting to hear what the official end time for the school day will be.
The full 2015 - 2016 band calendar will be published late next week.
The intention of this blog will be to post weekly and special announcements for each grade level and the band program as a whole.
This week's announcements are:
1. We ask that all parents please log in to their child's Charms Office Assistant account and update their personal information. We use the Charms system to send out important updates/notifications about special events or changes in scheduling. If you are not sure how to log in to your Charms account, please click on the Charms tab to the left for instructions. If you need your child's student I.D. number, please email Mr. Chance.
2. We have quite a few students who have still not paid for their notebooks. Those need to be paid for ASAP! They are $5.50 each.
3. Several 7th grade students have not paid for their Essential Elements Book 2. Wind player's books are $10.00. Percussion books are $15.00.
4. Thank you to everyone that picked up their garbage order. If you have not picked up your order yet, please contact Mr. or Mrs. Chance to arrange for pickup.
5. Students attending the Wicked trip need to be at DCHS no later than 8:45 a.m. Saturday morning. We will return to DCHS at approximately 7:30 p.m. Below is an image of the letter that was passed out (8th grade students have not received this yet due to the days missed because of inclement weather.)