The following high school band students have proven themselves as responsible and reliable members that are dedicated to the betterment of the organization.
Students are chosen based on previous attitude, conduct, musical ability, leadership capabilities, and participation in the annual leadership training.
The following students have been selected for the 2022 - 2023 School Year:
Band Captain: Arianna Clayton
Drum Major: Emily Barger
Field Commander: Bridget Moore
Lieutenant: Aidan Clark
Color Guard Captains: Lexie Davis and Bella Johnson
Flute Section Leader: Makaela Chance
Clarinet Section Leader: Grace Lawson
Alto Sax Section Leader: Tanner Kunkel
Trumpet Section Leader: Jacob Barger
Low Reeds Section Leader: Isis Barfield
Low Brass Section Leader: Landon "Karl" Ramirez
Percussion Section Leader: Katie Barger
There have been some updates to the website over the last couple of weeks.
Marching Band Announcements
October 10th - Stone Memorial High School, Crossville, TN.
The 2015 Band Camp dates are as follows:
July 27 - 31: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
August 3 - 4: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
August 6: 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
School starts for students on August 11th. After-school rehearsals will start that day. We do not know yet what the times for after-school rehearsals will be. We are waiting to hear what the official end time for the school day will be.
The full 2015 - 2016 band calendar will be published late next week.
The previously posted schedule for concert festival for the DCHS Concert Band has changed. Our time slot was changed to later in the afternoon. The students will now report to the bandroom at the end of 6th period. We will leave DCHS at 2:50 p.m. Below is the letter that was given out to the students today.
Report to the bandroom at 1:00 p.m. and leave at 1:30 p.m.
Performance time is at 3:45.
Students should return to DCHS at approximately 6:00 p.m.
DMS Band - Friday, March 20
Report to the bandroom at 8:15 a.m. and leave DMS at 9:00 a.m.
Performance time is at 10:55 a.m.
We will take students to eat at Stevi B's Pizza following their performance. Students need to turn in $7.00 by Tuesday, March 17th for lunch. We will pay with one check to make the process quicker.
Students will return to DMS at approximately 2:45.
Account credit for the 2015 Garbage Bag Sale has been entered into your Charms accounts.
If we do not have an account form for you, no credit was entered into your account. If you want and account, fill out a Band Account Agreement Form, have it notarized, and return it to Mr. or Mrs. Chance.
The intention of this blog will be to post weekly and special announcements for each grade level and the band program as a whole.
This week's announcements are:
1. We ask that all parents please log in to their child's Charms Office Assistant account and update their personal information. We use the Charms system to send out important updates/notifications about special events or changes in scheduling. If you are not sure how to log in to your Charms account, please click on the Charms tab to the left for instructions. If you need your child's student I.D. number, please email Mr. Chance.
2. We have quite a few students who have still not paid for their notebooks. Those need to be paid for ASAP! They are $5.50 each.
3. Several 7th grade students have not paid for their Essential Elements Book 2. Wind player's books are $10.00. Percussion books are $15.00.
4. Thank you to everyone that picked up their garbage order. If you have not picked up your order yet, please contact Mr. or Mrs. Chance to arrange for pickup.
5. Students attending the Wicked trip need to be at DCHS no later than 8:45 a.m. Saturday morning. We will return to DCHS at approximately 7:30 p.m. Below is an image of the letter that was passed out (8th grade students have not received this yet due to the days missed because of inclement weather.)